Editing and manuscript assessment services
I’ve been working with words for the past fifteen years.
I gained diverse experience during in-house editorial and production roles with Australian publishers. My skills were further extended through my work at the Australian Society of Authors, both as Publishing Manager of Keesing Press, and manager of the digital publishing platform, Authors Unlimited.
Since moving to Berlin, I've had the great pleasure of working with the inspiring team at Curved House Kids, to develop and produce the Discovery Diary series, a STEM-literacy series designed to educate and empower as children make their own books. We now have over 200,000 students enrolled in our programs.
As Deputy Editor of Visual Verse, I'm part of a team which produces a monthly online anthology of art and words, and part of a community with over 3000 members.
I hold a Masters in Writing for Children and Young Adults (Manchester Metropolitan University), a BA Communications (Writing and Contemporary Cultures) and a Graduate Certificate in Editing and Publishing, both from the University of Technology, Sydney.
I offer a range of editorial services, including:
- Copy editing for books and other publications
- Proofreading for books and other publications
- Copyright and permissions administration
- Manuscript assessment (fiction for adult and young adult readers, narrative non-fiction)
- Review and assessment of publishing proposals
- Formatting, specialising in manuscript preparation for digital publishing
- Corrective English services.
I also have extensive experience in preparing grant and funding applications. You can read more about this here.
Contact me for an obligation-free consultation on your project.